Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Why is it that 80% of the drivers of SUV's have no idea how to drive them?

luckily I drive very little every day, see I take a train into Chicago every day. I do have to drive to the train station and here and there on the weekends. For some reason this year I seem to be waiting in a parking lot more and more while some yahoo tries to maneuver their over-sized SUV in and out of parking spaces.

My wife and I where tring to park at the grocery store and ended up waiting five minutes (this isn't an exaggeration) while the driver of this Ford Expedition moved back and forth a foot at a time trying to straighten her vehicle into the parking space. All we could do is laugh, point, and laugh again. Nobody was going anywhere and where actually not in a hurry.

The person finally straightened themselves out enough so we could get by and we zipped into a parking space across from the behemoth. Well and behold who gets out, an Asian female. This figures. Don't give me that Asians suck at driving. I know for a fact the do in Chicago and the surrounding suburbs, so I am sure they do to where you live.

Again a guy pulling out of his parking space at the train station couldn't tell how far he was moving back. So he ended up not pulling back far enough, even though there was enough space between the back of his vehicle and another car for me to drive through. No, I didn't; It's an SUV driver in there I wasn't feeling that daring. Because of this, of course, the driver couldn't make the turn into the lane and had to backup again to turn without hitting the vehicle in front of him.

There is no doubt in my mind that there should be special driver licenses to drive any vehicle double your own height in length.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home