Monday, January 29, 2007

"Found a new blog"

In the words of Huey Lewis, "I found (want) a new blog", okay that's not exactly what he said. -- I'd been there in the past, but didn't opt to them, because I had Blogger. Now that's about to change.
I have registered at WordPress and am thinking of blogging there. A few posts ago (I would link it if I could) I spouted about the shortcomings of Blogger. One being not having a way to back link to posts. Perhaps I just don't know how to use Blogger, perhaps it's too difficult. Anyway, I like the page layouts at WordPress and they have features I am looking for: Categories for posts, Titles, rss out of the box. Still don't get the rss thing here at Blogger, I think you have to pay for it. Well, like I said too difficult.

WordPress claims that they can read a Blogger site and import it. Come to find out it only works with the old Blogger version. I am sure that will change, or perhaps I can export xml from Blogger.

So the new blog address is brettski111.wordpress.com, of course someone has brettski, and isn't using it. Wordpress had removed the content of the brettski blog, so it was probably the same advertiser who took brettski.blogspot.com. The address I really wanted an missed by ten minutes or so, literary. So now a classmates tag sits there waisting space that I could be waisting with these stupid posts.

I don't know how much I will continue here at Blogger. Only time will tell

...and so it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home