Monday, January 29, 2007

Lost my password!

I am such a bonehead. Last Friday on the train, I was surfing as usual and thought I was at a phishing site instead of Yahoo!. Just in case, I changed my Yahoo! password, don't need anyone hijacking my account. Saturday morning comes around, and the wife and I are trying to get Billy Joel tickets online. Of course my account with the Sears Centre uses my Yahoo! email address. I don't think twice about this until I need to get my emailed tickets. I can't get into my account, I can't remember what I set it to. Of course I try to get my password sent to me. Yahoo! sends the password to an alt-address! I don't remember what my alt-email address is, I set this account up in 1993 and haven't twiddled much with it since then. At least I was able to get the tickets sent to another email address, but I still can't use my Yahoo! account, and I have to say, I am a little lost. :(

The Yahoo! security team has been in contact me and I faxed off this long list of answers to them to prove I am the owner of the account. It said in thier letter to me that the answers need to be *exact*. Well, since I can't remember what my alt-email address is, the answers will not be exact, and I think I will be loosing that account after 13 years of use.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home