Tuesday, May 04, 2004

- Human Energy Theory -

I have been a father now for two years, and like most parents I wonder where my son gets all his energy from. We spent a few hours in the mall the other day and I swear he ran for 45 minutes straight. I was thinking about renaming him Forest.

This got me to thinking. While people watching, which I like to do an a consistent basis, I discovered this theory:

Each being is born with a certain energy capacity. This amount of energy is the maximum that you will have throughout your life.

When you are young, your body is small and very efficient. The maximum energy which you have lasts a long, long time. Plus I believe it is easier to restore.

As you grow older and bigger, your body may not be as efficient

As a teenager you have a long amount of energy. Your body is still growing and may be very, very efficient in how it burns the energy. The recharge rate is lessened though, I believe this is due to the constant burn to the rapid growth of your body. The huge amount of food consumed by teenagers is unrelated to the energy theory, as the food is to feed the needs of the rapidly growing body.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home